Are you looking for a way to make your lessons more interactive & effective?
Here are just a few reasons why you will love adding Partners Quiz (PQ) to your day!
- It is fun! The kids cheer when they hear we are going to do Partners Quiz!
- Engaging! Every student is up and interacting with the content!
- Brain Break! The kiddos are up and moving as they are learning!
- Flexible! You can use this activity with almost any academic content!
- Quick! It does not take a lot of time - can easily be used as independent practice in almost any lesson!
- No Papers Grade! Woot! Woot!
PARTNERS QUIZ PROCEDURES
Students stand (holding their PQ card).
Students put one hand up to find a partner - closest student with hand up. It's good to emphasize this because some will only want to play with their buddies.
Partner A quizzes/coaches partner B.
Partner B Answers
(If B does not know the answer, Partner A quickly shows the correct answer (coaches), and then quizzes again).
Partner A praises B with high 5 or compliment.
Same as Step 2 with roles reversed.
Partner B quizzes/coaches partner A.
Partner A Answers
(If A does not know the answer, Partner B quickly shows the correct answer (coaches), and then quizzes again)
Partner B praises A with high 5 or compliment.
Partners thank each other, say good-by.
They put their hands up to find a new partner and repeat steps.
I set the timer for 5-10 minutes for the students to do this engaging activity. I challenge them to PQ with as many different partners as they can.
I carry a card and participate in the activity for a number of reasons:
Kids love to quiz the teacher.
I can discreetly help struggling students.
I can quickly see if the class needs a "refresher" on PQ procedures.
If you would like to make your own PQ cards, click on picture below to get a Freebie PQ Editable Template.
How have you used Partner Quiz in your classroom?
If you have not yet used it, I hope I have inspired you to give it a try!